Personal trainers design safe and effective exercise programs to help clients reach their fitness goals. Health coaching complements personal training, providing a holistic approach that addresses the full spectrum of wellness. This includes behavioral, emotional, psychological and lifestyle factors, in addition to physical activity and nutrition. This all has to come together for lasting weight loss and change to happen.
Creating a healthy lifestyle takes planning, prioritizing and even practice. Unfortunately society makes it so convenient for people to be unhealthy with instant, processed convenience foods that save time at the expense of good health. The diet industry also offers quick-fixes to weight loss, such as fad diets or “magic bullet” pills, but there are no quick-fixes. This deception can cause more health issues and perpetuate negative cycles of yo-yo dieting (losing weight and gaining it back again), which can be frustrating and discouraging. My focus is not on another drastic diet or exercise plan that is difficult to stick with. Instead I supportively partner with you as you identify and overcome personal barriers, set goals and bring forth your own motivation for lasting change. This results in a sustainable healthier lifestyle, instead of another fleeting diet, health kick, or New Year’s resolution.
Neither personal trainers or health coaches provide medical advice, diagnose or treat medical conditions or make medical decisions. Additionally, while personal trainers and health coaches provide general nutritional information, they do not prescribe specific meal plans or diets meant to treat an illness or disease. Only a registered dietician or medical doctor can do this. Doctors may advise patients to eat healthier or get more physical activity, but often lack the time to discuss specific steps in depth. Health coaches are not medical practitioners and absolutely do not replace doctors, but can play an important role on your wellness team.
Passion, Patience, Persevere
As a fitness professional with a personal trainer and health coach certification and specialty in weight management, I will:
- Help you increase self-awareness, identify barriers, build confidence and support you in developing behavior changes for a sustainable healthier life.
- Partner with you in a judgment free, safe and supportive way that meets you where you are and helps you get to where you want to be.
- Create a customized fitness program specifically designed around your ability, goals, schedule, wellness needs and activities you actually enjoy.
- Teach, empower and equip you with the basic principles of exercise and nutrition, and the tools and skills necessary to maintain a healthier lifestyle on your own after you have completed your program.
- Provide you with a coaching format that best suits you, including face-to-face, telephonic, video-based (virtual/online) or a combination of all three.
- Provide email and phone support throughout your program.
- Offer “pep sessions” if you need any additional support or guidance after you complete your program.