As a personal trainer, I design safe and effective exercise programs to help you reach your fitness goals. My health coaching certification complements personal training, providing a more comprehensive approach that addresses the full spectrum of wellness. This includes behavioral, emotional, psychological and lifestyle factors, in addition to physical activity and nutrition. This all comes together for lasting weight loss and change to happen.
Creating a healthy lifestyle takes planning, prioritizing and even practice. Unfortunately society makes it so convenient for people to be unhealthy with instant, processed convenience foods that save time at the expense of good health. The diet industry also offers quick-fixes to weight loss, such as fad diets or “magic bullet” pills, but there are no quick-fixes to lasting change. This deception can cause more health issues and perpetuate negative cycles of yo-yo dieting (losing weight and gaining it back again), which can be frustrating and discouraging.
My focus is not on another drastic diet or exercise routine that is difficult to stick with. Instead I supportively partner with you as you set realistic goals, identify personal barriers and take specific steps towards lasting change. This results in a sustainable healthier lifestyle, instead of another fleeting diet, health kick or New Year’s resolution.
Passion, Patience, Persevere
As a fitness professional who values an authentic, compassionate and realistic approach, I will:
- Help you increase self-awareness, build confidence and develop behavior changes for a sustainable healthier lifestyle.
- Partner with you to establish specific health and fitness goals and a plan to reach them.
- Provide accountability and support to overcome barriers as you work towards your goals.
- Help you replace unhealthy habits with healthier habits that support your goals and values.
- Create a fitness program customized to your ability, schedule, goals and activities you actually enjoy.
- Empower you with knowledge, tools and structure to maintain a healthier lifestyle on your own.
- Provide email support throughout your program.
- Offer single sessions if you need additional support or guidance after you complete your program.